Follow Me On Twitter @IwanEvans19

Monday 28 November 2011

The last 24 hours in Boxing - 28/11/11

Another new feature for my blog, which sees me sum up a few big stories that have been happening in the last day, as the title suggests. Interaction is key here, so if you have any views about any of the stories, post a comment or tweet me @DragonBoxing.


Firstly this story from Fighthype.com, regarding "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr.


May 5th looks the date for his next fight, who's the opponent going to be? Will it be Martinez? Canelo? Berto? Bradley? Khan? Or finally that long awaited showdown with Pacquiao?


I am a huge Mayweather fan and cant see anyone beating the guy, he is a tactical genius and one of the most skilled fighters to ever lace a glove up.


The Alvarez and Martinez fights dont look likely as they are bigger guys than Floyd, and I'm pretty sure Floyd will be desperate for Pacquiao after his last fight, which would be great for Boxing as the fight just has to happen, especially as it will prove how good Mayweather is.


Will you be buying Box Nation is what Danny Flexen asks on the Boxing News site?


I have watched a lot of the channel so far and been very impressed with how they've presented their shows and also the new commentating voices of Enzo Maccarinelli and Paul Smith.


It's fair to say that there have been one or two bad bills as mentioned in the piece, but overall the standard has been excellent and having recently picked up Chavez and Alvarez fights, it's certainly a positive for Boxing fans who crave some US action.


£10 a month is a reasonable price and I really do hope it's successful. What I have also recognised is they've shown a lot of live undercard action and for me this has been a great move as I love to follow upcoming prospects.


Fightnews report that Erik Morales will return in January.


Morales looked good in his last fight against an unknown Mexican called Pablo Cesar Cano, and although clearly doesnt have the speed anymore, the old saying is "form is temporary, class is permanent".


For me Matthysse, whom he was supposed to fight for that world title last time out, is the realistic option, and down the line I would love to see a unification bout with Khan.


The fight of the weekend will have a British fighter involved.


The bill at MSG is absolutely awesome and this fight between two of my favourite boxers is one I really cannot wait for.


It's going to be an absolute war and kind of brings back memories of our own Ricky Hatton's trips to America.


I can see a big response from Murray, his head is back screwed on since getting back with Joe, and this is going to be a really interesting fight. Find out on Friday who I think is going to win!


Robert Helenius is back on home soil.


Another massive fight for a British boxer, as Dereck Chisora travels to Helsinki, four months after losing his unbeaten record to Tyson Fury.


I really do fancy an upset in this fight, I dont have a specific reason, but if Del Boy has trained and taken it seriously, he could be well worth a few quid down the bookies to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment