Follow Me On Twitter @IwanEvans19

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Who's next for jail bound Mayweather?

Will anyone take Floyd's 0?
Today Floyd Mayweather called out Manny Pacquiao on Twitter for their big fight to go ahead on May 5th, this only a few hours after the name Robert Guerrero was being mentioned for 'Money'. I can't see the Pacman fight going ahead, Arum wants him to fight Bradley, and that will leave Mayweather with if you believe the rumour mill, either Guerrero or Saul Alvarez.


For me I cannot see Mayweather going anywhere near Alvarez, the biggest reason being the fact Alvarez is a huge light middleweight, who's unbeaten and hits incredibly hard. That fight would be a huge, I wouldn't want it in Vegas, for me that's a Cowboys Stadium, or even a Soccer stadium fight in Mexico. Floyd will say that Alvarez isn't experienced enough to hold his own with him, but like Miguel Cotto, I think Canelo's size could be a big factor if they were to fight each other.


Expect Guerrero to be Floyd's opponent in May
For that reason I see Guerrero being the man facing Mayweather in what's supposed to be his last fight before he finally goes to jail. This isn't a great fight if it's announced, Guerrero has never fought above lightweight, and he also isn't that big of a name. He's had very little big bill experience, and for me he wasn't that impressive in April when he claimed a 12 round UD over Michael Katsidis to claim interim WBA and WBO lightweight titles. The kid is a two weight world champion and has a good story for the 24/7 series as he had to give up his IBF super featherweight belt to look after his wife, who was battling leukaemia.


Boxrec have him at #2 in the lightweight division and at #15 in the P4P rankings, but like I've talked about already, size would be a big issue, especially as expected the fight will take place at 147lbs.


I'm a massive Mayweather fan and if he was to fight Pacquiao, I would certainly pick him, but I think it will be a let down once more for fans as Mayweather picks "The Ghost".

No comments:

Post a Comment